News Flash Home
The original item was published from 4/8/2020 8:30:00 AM to 4/16/2020 2:52:26 PM.
Home News Flash
Posted on: April 8, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Resources For Residents
Emotional Support/Mental Health Resources
North Shore Senior Center Services
- Senior & Family Services is conducting assessments over the phone, arranging services and connecting older adults to the resources they need. Anyone needing help at home can call 847.784.6000.
- Adult Protective Services continues to investigate reports of abuse and neglect. Anyone suspecting abuse, neglect or financial exploitation of an older adult or adult with disabilities ages 18-59, can call the 24-hour APS hotline at 866.800.1409.
The Center is looking into continuing support groups and would appreciate input regarding new support groups to help during this time. Please call 847.784.6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Options is providing services for care management and daily money management clients, and therapists are providing counseling sessions for those experiencing anxiety or depression. Call 847.242.6270, leave a message and someone will call back during weekday business hours.
- House of Welcome (HOW) Adult Day Services participants and families are participating free of charge in HOW’s specialized programs for people living with dementia. HOW is also holding its Alzheimer’s Family Support Group on Thursday afternoons and Memory Café on Friday afternoons. For more information, call 847.242.6250 or email HOW@nssc.org.
- Live online Lifelong Learning classes are being offered at no charge. Visit www.nssc.org and click on “Online Lifelong Learning Classes” to see a schedule of upcoming classes and register.
Waste Management Services
- Waste Management is continuing to provide their regular level of services. Their trash collection crews are seeing a significant increase in the amount of trash they are collecting. To help their crews collect your trash as safely and efficiently as possible, they ask that you place all trash in bags, and seal those bags before setting them at the curb for collection.
- The collection of bulky items is suspended until further notice.
- Village-Wide Clean-Up Day has been cancelled and will reschedule for another date.