Police Department Operational Changes
In an effort to limit the exposure to and spread of coronavirus, effective immediately the Police Department will be making the following changes. These changes are temporary only, and the Police Department will be returning to normal operations as soon as safety permits.
- Officers will only be responding in-person to emergency, in-progress, and alarm calls. To report any non-emergency incident, contact the Police Dispatch Center by calling 847-446-2131, then choosing option 1. The dispatcher will take your information and arrange for an officer to contact you by phone as soon as possible.
- The Police Department lobby will be for emergency use only. For all other Police requests, contact the Police Dispatch Center by calling 847-446-2131, then choosing option 1. The dispatcher will take your information and arrange for an officer to contact you by phone as soon as possible.
- The Police Department will not be doing employment fingerprinting.
- The Police Department will not be doing child safety seat installations.
This is a rapidly changing situation and these decisions were made in order to limit exposure and the spread of coronavirus and to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff. The Village will continue to closely monitor the situation and adjust as needed.
Northfield’s many small businesses contribute to the positive character of the community, and will need everyone’s help to make it through these challenging times. In light of Governor Pritzker’s order to close all restaurants and bars to dine-in customers, Northfielders are encouraged to continue supporting our local restaurants by ordering takeout, curbside pickup, or delivery. Click here to see which Northfield restaurants are open and how to order. Do you have questions about the restaurant and bar closures? Click here for a list of FAQs.
Waste Management Services
Waste Management is continuing to provide their regular level of services but has closed their call center. If you have an issue with your service, please email it to email@example.com. They have canceled Village-wide Clean-Up Day, and will reschedule for another date.
About the Coronavirus:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a potential spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the United States. With agencies across the country reporting on the virus, the Village wants to provide some helpful information and everyday preventative measures.
The symptoms of coronavirus are similar to those of flu and may include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. While the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases do not appear to be spreading to communities throughout Illinois, the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) encourage everyone to practice the following to prevent the spread of known viruses:
• Wash your hands frequently
• Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth) with unwashed hands
• Stay home if you feel ill and contact your doctor
• Cover coughs and sneezes
• Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects regularly
In order to provide up-to-date information and answer questions from residents, the IDPH launched the Illinois Novel Coronavirus Hotline and email account at 1-800-889-3931 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Village is closely monitoring the recommendations of the CDC, IDPH, and the Cook County Department of Public Health, and we will provide updates as they become available.
Find more facts, updates, and information on COVID-19, including symptoms and transmission of the virus, at the following links:
• Cook County Department of Public Health
• NorthShore University HealthSystem